Tuesday, October 14, 2008

i wish...

I wish there was a law that said that there would be no big end of something test, of any kind. This would be a good law because people today are overwhelmed by tests. Weather it'd be to test your knowledge of a school year or just a section of a book, we surround our school lives around passing a test. TAKS test is just one big thing in the whole chaos of test taking. This puts pressure on students teachers and basically everyone in that matter. So with a law that banded test we would be able to enjoy learning and actually take the time to understand what were needing to learn rather than cramming it in our brains.

2 comments:

mrs. jenkins said...

Amen, sister! Preach on! I don't think you would find a teacher in Texas that wouldn't agree with you about testing. It is SO sad to me that I can't fill my English class with reading great books and doing extensive projects because there isn't time after I've spent months preparing for TAKS. It is silly, silly. I see school as not just a place to learn facts but to learn about who you are and being the best person you can be. When the focus is all on testing, you take that factor out of education and then there's no more fun in learning. Great post!

mrs. jenkins said...

You did have some spelling errors and punctuation errors.